Tuesday, January 24, 2012

YUM 101














So, maybe its because of all the stress from school or the pressure from my parents (and myself) to have enough money to basically buy everything and anything I need other than the necessities, but I have recently discovered how much I enjoy making and eating food.  Especially food that doesn't come out of a box, unlike the rest of my family.  The more ingredients the better, that's how I see it.  I admit, I eat a fair amount of food, but I always make sure its the best food taste-wise and calorie-wise.  I think one of the most relaxing things is coming home from a long day at school or work to the house all to myself then coming up with something from all the randomness found in the fridge, all while blasting some Miley Cyrus or Dixie Chicks.
While my friend's mom was here from Spain, she cooked our family an authentic Spanish omelet and ever since that dinner, I keep craving it.  It's probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.  It's breakfast that's dinner.   And its not one of those things that's actually a breakfast food you eat at night time because it's trendy or a spur-of-the-moment meal... This thing is a legit dinner food, except its all breakfast!  Seriously, the food gods must have made this dish just for me.  I love breakfast.
Because I loved this wonderful omelet so much, after my friend's mom went back home to Spain (gah, 146 days!!) I decided that I'd try to whip something just like it up and this is what I came up with:


Ingredients
1 large egg
1 tsp milk
1/2 small red potato, diced
1/2 sausage link, pre-cooked
1 tsp mild salsa
1 tsp Mexican blend cheese
salt and pepper for seasoning


Directions:






No comments:

Post a Comment