Thursday, January 5, 2012

"new year, new me"









Words cannot describe how much I hate it when people say "New year, new me" at the beginning of the new year.  It's like, no, just because its now 2012 it does not mean you are a new person.  You just don't get a restart every time we go into a new year.  And yes, I am guilty of saying the dreaded phrase myself, but now I'm realized that just because its a new year doesn't mean that anything changes.  I'm the same person I was like two weeks ago-- nothing has changed; there's nothing different about me now that its 2012.  I understand how the new year can inspire people to change and marks the start to beginning new goals and whatnot but still.  Its great but it still doesn't change how much I hate the stupid saying.  It just doesn't make sense to me!  Nothing is new about you!  You're the exact same person you were five days ago!  So people, please stop saying it, just make New Year's resolutions and become someone new.  Just because its the new year doesn't mean you're renewed-- sorry!  And speaking of New Year's resolutions... I should probably come up with a couple....

No comments:

Post a Comment