Sunday, January 15, 2012

true/false











So the other night I was talking to one of my best friends, Katie, about how someone on Facebook changed their relationship status but didn't say who they were in a relationship with.  People were freaking out and asking who this person was going out with with and I couldn't help but crack up because it was hilarious.  People are way into everyone's' lives.  As we continued talking about it, I thought it would be the most genius, hilarious thing to set my relationship status to "in a relationship" even though I'm not.  I don't even really have anything going on with any guy at the moment and almost everyone and their mother knows that, but still..... more than forty people "liked" my relationship change, I got fifteen confused text messages, received a crap load of Facebook messages and a ton of comments on the change.   It was so funny because Katie was the only one who knew it was fake, but some of my other really close friends just played along even though they weren't part of it at all.  They commented stuff like "You guys are so cute together!", "finally!! took you long enough!", and even one made up this mystery guy down to his eye color.  I think its so interesting that people take everything on Facebook so seriously like its the verification for everything that happens in everyone's lives.  I feel bad to fooling everyone, but you have to admit, it's really funny.  Like, what the heck who does that?  Oh yeah, Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment